Job Description: Business Development Representative
PlanNet21 Communications has an exciting opportunity for a hungry professional looking to create an excellent career within our Sales Team. Based in head office in City West Business Park, Dublin for the initial six months, there is potential flexibility for some home working after that. This is performance-dependant.
In this role, you will act as an office-based conduit between marketing and sales, helping to convert marketing qualified leads to sales qualified leads, which will hopefully lead to concrete business. You will work closely with both marketing and sales teams, i.e. with marketing to help drive campaigns into the prospect base and with sales to set up sales meetings, face-to-face or virtual and to manage the sales pipeline.
Your primary responsibility is to uncover sales opportunities and nurture those opportunities to the point of securing an appointment for one of the main sales team to take over. Performance management will be based on KPIs such as number of outbound calls made, number of leads nurtured and number of appointments secured. Appointments should be qualified, as far as possible, according to the BANT model, i.e. budget, authority, need and timeline.
You will also be responsible for managing and updating the sales pipeline. This is done through ActiveCampaign, our CRM system.
This is not a role based purely on a model of cold-calling but is more sophisticated than that, requiring nurture experience and excellent written communication skills.
You should have at least 18 months’ of demonstrated sales experience, preferably in a technology environment.
You should have some experience of telephone outreach, nurturing sales opportunities by email, excellent written skills, relationship building and a thick skin to take the rejection that this role inevitably brings with it.
You should have a good, basic understanding of enterprise technology including networking technologies (WAN, LAN Wi-Fi), cloud computing and cyber security. There are plenty of training resources available if there are gaps in this knowledge. Solving customer problems are at the centre of this role so you should be able to hold a high level conversation with decision-makers and assess their requirements in relation to PlanNet21’s service offering.
You should have a curious interest in technology and be prepared to stay abreast of developments in the wider industry. We are seeking to recruit a self-starter with drive, ambition and a willingness to learn. A future career path in field-based sales can be developed for the right candidate.
- Identify potential clients for PlanNet21 services, reaching out to them with ‘helpful’ information and managing a nurture cycle to move them to the point of a virtual or face-to-face meeting
- Use tools such as LI to perform research and our ActiveCampaign CRM system to manage and mine our data.
- Liaise with marketing on campaigns and ensure proper follow up nurture campaigns are in place to capitalise on client engagement.
- Manage your pipeline form initial engagement through to virtual meeting or opportunity identified
- Schedule virtual or face-to-face meetings for the sales team
- Support marketing driving attendance to virtual and/or live events.
- Occassional visits to clents and travel to events, therefore a full Driving License is required.
PlanNet21 Communications doesn’t just hire good people. We hire the best people.
By joining PlanNet21 you join an exciting community of engineers, employees, partners and customers who are committed to building next generation communications networks. The secret of our success is the people we recruit – and we’re looking for the best. You need an enquiring mind, a proven ability to solve complex problems and have an outstanding academic record.
Join us and you’ll find that the focus is all about you. You’re recognised and treated as an individual. Your training is unique to you and will continue throughout your career. The only constant is that you will be challenged and stretched, but within a supportive environment, working with some of the brightest minds in the business.
- Structured Career Path
- Financially Stable Employer
- Exposure to Industry Giants
- Challenging Environment
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Flexible Working Environment
- Generous Benefits & Package
Prospecting, Sales Development, Consultative Selling & Lead Generation.
Potential to work from home.